5 Reasons to Consider a Geothermal Heat Pump for Your Charlotte HomeRoss and Witmer
If you’re considering installing a new home heating and cooling system, take the time to look into the benefits of geothermal heat pumps. You may find that geothermal heating and cooling offers the right combination of benefits to make it the perfect choice for your North Carolina home.
Benefits of Geothermal Heat Pumps
The benefits of geothermal heat pumps make them an extremely attractive option for homeowners looking for high levels of performance and efficiency.
- Exceptional efficiency: Geothermal systems produce heating at a very high level of efficiency, often 300 to 400 percent. This is possible because these systems do not produce heat. Instead, they capture existing heat and move it from place to place.
- Low cost of operation: A geothermal heat pump can slash monthly heating and cooling costs by a significant percentage, often 50 percent or more. This high level of monthly savings allows homeowners to recover the cost of a geothermal installation within two to ten years.
- Environmentally clean: Geothermal heating and cooling is environmentally clean. The equipment burns no fossil fuels, so there are no greenhouse gases or potentially harmful fumes in your home. Geothermal uses limited amounts of electricity, which reduces demands on the local power grid in your community.
- Quiet and safe operation: Geothermal systems operate very quietly, so quietly that homeowners often report they can’t even hear the equipment working. There are no exposed pipes or other hot components, nor are there volatile fuels or gases inside the system that could cause fires or explosions.
- Long expected life span: Geothermal heat pumps typically have a long functional life. It’s common for this equipment to last 20 years or more, especially if it has been well maintained and repaired when needed. The loop pipes that carry the fluid responsible for heat transfer are often guaranteed for up to 50 years.
Ross & Witmer has been serving home heating and cooling customers in Charlotte, Mecklenburg, Gaston, Union and the neighboring North Carolina communities for nearly 70 years. Contact us today for more information on geothermal heat pumps and why geothermal would work well for your home.